Friday, October 29, 2010

Space, Love, & Time?

I’ve been watching the show Eureka on Netflix for the last few weeks and I finally got threw the first season last night and the last episode in that season had to do with time travel. Its something that can keep me up at night thinking all night long. What happen was they showed what was then the present day (2006) when the show started and then like 5 mins into the episode they went 4 years into the future. which they really don’t tell you at first. Carter is married to Allison and Hennery is in charge of GDN. Strange things start happening things from the past start randomly showing up cars dead people just come poof out of the air. It turns out that Hennery's girl friend was suppose to die 4 years earlier the day they showed in the beginning of the episode. To make a long story short Carter has to go back in time and stop hennery from stopping a thing from killing her.

I had to tell you that to really talk about what I have on my mind. The way they did time travel in the show was different form other ways I’ve seen in other shows. Most shows they physically go to the past so there is possibly 2 of you walking around. On this show they only sent there mind to the past so when Carter woke up in the past he still had the memory's of the future 4 years or at least how they were suppose to happen. Though now because Carter stopped Henry form saving his girl friend everything that had happen in the previous timeline will not happen. Carter may not married Alison and henry wont get to be with Kim.

Now I have a question what would you rather do. Would you rather go back in time and stop a loved one form dyeing even though you know that in a few years the universe could come to an end because of you stopped that person form dyeing and live knowing that you could have stopped if from happening. Or would you rather go back in time and stop that person from saving that loved one so to save the universe but knowing that the life you had in the future may not happen and you have to live the memory's of that future knowing this is when X was support to happen and seeing your love of your life slip away.

I don’t know what I would do. I know if I could go back and stop a love one from dyeing I would be vary tempted. I know that if even the time wouldn’t be long it might be wroth doing just to squeeze that little bit of time out. Though if I had to be the one to stop it, it would be just as hard. Knowing that the person that I’m stopping is the whole reason I have love one I have the my whole life it would be hard to stop him so that people I don’t even know can continue to live. Also knowing that I have to live the next 4 years that I already lived threw but knowing in the back of my head that the live I left in the other timeline may not happen I don’t know how long I would make it threw that timeline.

That’s just my thoughts there on that. I guess I’ll end by saying I'm loving the show Eureka its so grate if you have never seen it go see it and start from the beginning like I'm right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment